Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has responsibility for daily operations, fund development, community engagement, core bicycling programs, OjO management, finances, marketing, and business planning. An experienced and dedicated leader, the Executive Director is anticipated to have direct reports including but not limited to a Development Manager, Operations Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Office Manager, among others.
Be an advocate for micro-mobility and enhanced transportation options Develop annual operational plans that articulate timelines, goals and measurements of success
- Day-to-day program management of the EBS bike share system and OjO scooters including:
- Direct management of program staff and interns
- Manage forecasting and budgeting
- Ensure adequate fleet maintenance & rebalancing resources
- Assist in hiring staff and vendors, leasing facilities, and negotiating contracts
- Manage station siting process and related approvals
- Be accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values
- Maintain and support a strong Board of Directors
- Report on program to funders and partners
- Collaborate with community engagement partners
- Ensure equity in service areas
- Support staff diversity and inclusion
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components
- Ensure agreements and partnerships are delivered in full
- Lead development efforts to expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities including but not limited to fund development, partnerships, grants, etc.
- Assume responsibility for the fiscal integrity of Explore Bike Share and achieve budgeted financial objectives
- Collaborate with our marketing partner on external communications and opportunities
- Be a local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results
- Identify, manage, and broker partnerships with community leaders
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to sustainable micro mobility and EBS’ mission to benefit the general public with access to as many Memphians as possible, promote bike culture in Memphis, and encourage exercise and healthy lifestyles. Candidates should have proven management, operations and logistics, leadership, fund development, and community engagement experience.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience; track record of effectively leading ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Proven experience managing complex operations and systems, ideally within a logistics context
- Unwavering commitment to quality customer service operations, programs and data-driven evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to collaborate with partners, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field strongly preferred
Salary will be commensurate with experience and includes a health benefits package.
Please submit application materials to email@example.com.
Bike + Scooter Technician
Explore Bike Share is hiring dedicated maintenance technicians to join our team. Our technician crew is critical to our ongoing success and represents Explore Bike Share throughout the city. Ideal candidates will have both customer service and mechanical skills to go along with their positive attitudes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintaining bike and scooter fleet, including assembly, inspections, and basic repairs
- Operating and maintaining company vans and mopads
- Moving bikes and scooters among stations to balance the system
- Customer service interaction by phone and in-person
- Installing and removing stations
- Maintaining stations (troubleshooting, replacing parts, batteries)
- Setting up and presenting bike share events
- Adapting to changing roles
- Performing other duties as needs evolve
- Minimum age: 21 years old
- Basic bike mechanic experience preferred
- Proven technical and mechanical aptitude, innovation and critical thinking
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to ride a bicycle and scooter in an urban environment
- Knowledge of Memphis streets and geography
- Requires bending, stooping, lifting up to 55 lbs. and working in strenuous weather conditions
This is a part-time position with weekly hours based on need, but typically requiring 25-35 hours per week. The possibility of permanent employment will be evaluated as business demands. Compensation starts at $12-15/hour and will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit résumé to include employment history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.